Friday, April 9, 2010

Pray

I might -and you must give me a right to do so- hold an experience of first frame building almost holy. It just might be the hardest thing I ever had done with my hands. I don't know if I have ever been so afraid of anything. When I got the set of tubing and lugs my friend -and in some other things my mentor-, had brought to Finland to get his frame to be build by me I, quite literatelly, only stared at it too afraid to do anything to start working with it for first two months.

"Dude! Its a pile of steel! Finish it!" You might think. But hey, we all have our weaknesses. Mine seems to be piles of steel. Or getting started. Well, my time in Finland at this point started to end and I had no choice but to get my hands dirty.
My emotions through the process varied from total disappointment and failure to hippie-like feeling of being one with the steel. I was scared, and until Pauli succesfully rides with this frame for some time, I keep on being scared. In many ways the frame is far from perfection that it's fine italian tubing and casted lugs and owner would deserve, but it is going to be rided. Ye, go ahead and laugh, but untill you become Tim Paterek or Samuel del Valle I am gonna be ten inches higher from ground than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment